Need some mason jar craft ideas that you actually want to put in your home?
Here are our favorite crafts we’ve personally made using either mason jars or mason jar products. Let’s go beyond food storage & flower pots. Let’s get creative on mason jars<3 !
DIY crafts using old mason jars
Affiliate Disclosure. Some of the links on this website are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. If you make a purchase you will not be charged anything additional.
Hey there, I’m so glad you’re here! On my blog you’ll find DIY craft projects, frugal tips and tricks, embracing the beautiful chaos that is motherhood, and some sprinkles of how I earn an income while also being a SAHM.
MASON JAR CRAFT IDEAS
1. PAINTED SNOWMEN MASON JARS
These adorable snowmen were a HUGE seller when I sold my handmade items on Etsy. I made hundreds of these cute painted mason jars. CLICK HERE to read the full tutorial on how to paint your own DIY mason jar snowman.
2. COLORFUL MASON JAR PENCIL HOLDER
Add a touch of color to your desk or workspace with these super cute polka dot mason jar pencil holders. First, paint the jars white all over (I used chalk paint on these). Second, use assorted-sized round foam dabbers to make polka dots. Third, sprinkle with coordinating extra fine glitter while the paint is still wet. Use your Cricut to add a personalized glitter letter from vinyl or stencil on the mason jar with paint.
3. LIGHT UP FAIRY JARS
Next up, all the whimsical and magical feelings come with this DIY fairy jar lantern. Turn a smooth mason jar into a magical night light for your kids. These easy-to-make crafts can be created supplies you probably already have at home. CLICK HERE to see the full tutorial on how to make your own light up fairy jars from a mason jar.
4. DIY PUMPKIN FROM MASON JAR RINGS
Whether you call them mason jar lid pumpkins or canning jar ring pumpkins it doesn’t change the fact that this rustic fall craft turns out SO CUTE! And it’s so insanely easy to DIY. CLICK HERE to see how to make your own mason jar ring pumpkin.
5. GIVE THANKS FALL MASON JARS
THANKS fall themed mason jar set. Personally, I didn’t use these in my own home but a friend of mine did. She requested this painted jar set for her mantle.
How to make THANKS painted mason jars:
- pre-paint 6 mason jars with white chalk paint. then, distress with sandpaper once dry.
- cut strips of burlap to wrap around the middle of each jar; you will need 6.
- use your Cricut to cut out cardstock stencils: THANKS
- paint stencils using black acrylic paint, let dry
- hot glue a strip of burlap to each mason jar
- add accessories using your hot glue gun
- wrap the top of each jar with twine
6. HOW TO ETCH A MASON JAR
Did you know you can use your CRICUT machine to ETCH MASON JARS? Personalized etched mason jars have been a favorite of mine to gift to teachers over the years. Who wouldn’t love a glass jar filled with beautiful flowers and their first or last name etched on the glass? CLICK HERE to see how you can easily etch on a mason jar.
7. CANDY CORN PAINTED MASON JARS
These candy corn painted mason jars just scream ‘IT’S FALL Y’ALL! To make your own set of candy corn mason jars you will need white, orange, and yellow chalk paint.
How do you make candy corn mason jars?
- First, paint the bottom of the jar yellow, painting just above where it says MASON on the jar. Then, allow that to dry, Apply another coat of yellow chalk paint.
- Second, paint a thicker band of orange paint where the yellow stops and paint just above the word Ball. Again, allow that to dry. Then apply another coat of orange chalk paint.
- Third, paint the rest of where the jar is clear, white. Let that dry. Let that dry, apply another coat of white chalk paint.
- once the candy corn jars are dry distress with a piece of sandpaper. Focus on the raised areas of the jar: lettering, measuring lines, the lip around the top of the jar.
- Wipe mason jars with a lint-free cloth then spray with a matte finishing spray
- Wrap with twine and tie in a bow
8. RUSTED CANNING JAR RINGS
If you are preserving food you probably won’t want rusty canning jar rings BUT for crafts…YES PLEASE! This DIY craft post has been such a controversial one over on my YouTube channel. If you love this look like I do for DECOR PURPOSES check out the HOW TO RUST CANNING JAR RINGS post here.
9. MASON JAR RING CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT
Use those rusted mason jar rings to make personalized Christmas ornaments. I made this one for my own family’s Christmas tree a couple of Christmases ago. CLICK HERE to read how to make a DIY buffalo plaid mason jar lid ornament.
10. UNICORN MASON JAR DIY
Last but certainly not least, glittery unicorn mason jars. We’ve made a couple of different variations of this unicorn mason jar craft. No matter what size jar or the color of the glitter these unicorn jars always turn out oh so cute! Click here to read how to make a DIY unicorn mason jar craft.
For even more amazing mason jar projects check these out on Pinterest.
I hope you enjoyed this post on what to do with unused mason jars. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.