Mason jar lid pumpkin: How to make a rustic farmhouse pumpkin for your fall décor from a metal mason jar lid.
Hey there, I’m so glad you’re here. On this blog, you can expect to find tons of DIY craft projects, free printables & cut files, times saving mom hacks, and so much more.
DIY MASON JAR LID PUMPKIN
I’ll admit I have an obsession with MASON JARS!! It seems, mason jar decor can be used it lots of different ways.
Check out some other DIY craft ideas you can create with mason jars:
- light-up fairy jar lantern
- painted snowman mason jar
- glittered unicorn jar
- personalized mason jar lid ornament with buffalo plaid
Affiliate Disclosure. Some of the links on this website are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. If you make a purchase you will not be charged anything additional.
Did you know… you can even buy these plastic mason jar lids so you don’t have to hassle with the two pieces that traditionally come with mason jars.
Here’s what you need to make a rustic pumpkin
MASON JAR LID PUMPKIN
- String mason jar lids on your twine. Make sure they are all facing the same way.
- Curve your canning jar rings into a circle then place a stick in the center. Position the rings around the stick so they are evenly disbursed.
- Remove the stick, add hot glue around the stick then place back in the center of the rings.
- Curl a piece of wire for the accent piece. Add hot glue then place between the stick and canning jar lids.
- Turn your rustic pumpkin upside down and hot glue a round piece of felt to the bottom.
In the tutorial below I will show you exactly how I made my rustic metal ring pumpkin.
1. STRING METAL RINGS
First, string your rusty mason jar lids on a piece of twine. Most importantly, be sure they are all facing the same direction. You will need approx 12 canning jar rings for this.
2. SHAPE THE RINGS INTO A CIRCLE
Next, make your mason jar rings curve into a circle and place the stick in the center. Then, move your rings around so that they form the circle shape of the pumpkin. After that, tie the twine in a few knots. Now, remove the stick and move the rings around to where you like them.
3. GLUE THE STICK IN PLACE
After you have your lids where you want them add a ring of hot glue around the base of your stick. Then, place your stick back in the center of the lids.
4. ADD RUSTIC WIRE FOR STEMS
Now, using your wire cutters, cut a piece of your wire, fold it in half and use your pliers to twist the ends. Add a bit of hot glue on the curved end of the wire. Before it dries, quickly place the wire next to where your stick is.
5. GLUE THE BOTTOM SIDE OF PUMPKIN
Turn your pumpkin upside down and add more hot glue around where the stick is. This will give it more stability.
If you love this fall craft be sure to check out these DIY fall mini wood signs.
6. ADD FELT FOR SECURITY
Finally, cut a circle out of fabric or felt then glue it to the bottom of the pumpkin. This will give it a more finished look.
Now you’re ready to display your perfectly rusty mason jar lid pumpkin!
I hope you found this craft tutorial helpful. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below.